The end of the year heralds in the festivities, with tons parties and weddings around the corner. The festive season fun as it may be, strikes confusion in the hearts of many women as they sit in front of their seemingly empty wardrobes. And let's not forget the endless rounds of mithai and cocktails that come back to haunt us while trying on cocktail dresses. Fear not…one of the easiest and most flattering options for party-wear is the ever-green saree!
As we take a closer look from the lower part of this traditional attire, a dark mauve color has a thin strip of zari that has diagonal strips of golden thread carefully woven into it. A broad mauve patch has moderately spaced huge floral motifs embroidered with sequins and beads. This flawless embroidery is well placed and done firmly with fine threads. The next layer starts with beige color whose territory is outlined by a thin zari line that runs perfectly with no mistakes whatsoever. Once again we have the floral motifs, this time more closely spaced. Also, in addition to this we have small spotted bead work. Above this, once again we have the zari separation from which the brown territory begins with the super hit floral motif on it. As this outfit reaches the upper part of the torso, stripes appear. Floral motifs are arranged in striped lines parallel to each other. Next to which thin sari lines are arranged parallel to each other.
The borders are beautifully emphasized with bugle beaded work. The blouse of the saree is also embroidered with decorative stripes using sequins and beads. This garment is sure to be a stunner in any party. The georgette party wear saree and saree blouse would draw people to have a closer look. The alternations of both colors and designs are done with deep textile experience and minute skill. As you might see, distribution of the design is a tough job by itself. Executing the design into fabric and that too flawlessly needs a mastermind in the background. But then, everyone is too awestruck to go digging into those details and you win the accolades!
A few tips for choosing the perfect party wear sarees for you:
- Sarees come in a plethora of beautiful fabrics like chiffons, georgettes, silk, satin, cottons, lace etc. Light-weight sarees made of chiffon and georgette are a good choice if you are going to be hitting the dance floor. Find the fabric that you feel mostly comfortable in; some women prefer the draping of a pure silk while others like the fluidity of georgette or crepe.
- Mirror-work, sparkling bead-work and metallic thread work are always popular. You can be as subtle or as glittery as you like, depending on the occasion. Experiment with different looks.
- Have fun with the blouse. Halter neck, backless and strappy blouses are the rage nowadays. Play with different neck lines and backs to find the style that suits your body-type and style sensibility the best. Long sleeved blouses are also a trend right now, perfect for those living in colder climes.
- Try different draping methods; there are a variety of draping styles and each can give you a different look and can highlight your body and the saree work to its best.
- Search for different prints and colors. Graphic and animal prints, two-toned sarees and a modern floral all add a new twist to this old favourite.